Sunday, January 11, 2009

CT



ah it's been 2 mos without an update! here's a double dip I did. J TO THE WEST-SAIIIIDE! This was in response to a prompt from an art meme I did. I'll do an actual scene from Journey to the West later (tho I don't doubt there were gaseous emissions from Sun Wu Kong's backside. numerous ones).

I started out drawing this jokingly cos I didn't really know what I wanted to do, during the stage of sketching out figures and googling all the epic Journey to the West pictures. There are some REALLY nice ones I found, but I don't know who drew some of them.


Nod Young Monkey cutout


There are a couple other papercuts this guy did, and he does much more. There's a bunch more illustrations, graphic design, product designs on his flickr.




^Wish the book I borrowed had these illustrations in them







and the collab between the Théâtre du Châtelet, Chen Shi-Zheng, & Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett! I really want to see this, or at the very least, listen to the music they've created for it.

No comments: